Wednesday 6 June 2012

Well picked up Terry and Colleen from Gent on 1st June and back to the boat. Introduced them to my neighbour John and Maureen and Bill from there on it was all downhill. First night had a good session at the Mariner Bar. Following day had an invite onto Bills boat for some canapes and yet more drinks. 
Tuesday 5th June tidied up and went into the village and topped up with more deisel as on the Rivers its more expensive. Said goodbye to John and Maureen and headed out on our adventure. Down to the first lock and then out onto the Oude Maas River. Well we went though the lock and was immediately confronted by bloody container ships and barges over 200 metres long. They are pretty daunting but we managed to stay out of their way and arrived at Dordrecht for the night. 
Leaving Oostvoorne


Leaving my mate John from Hull
Terry and Collen in Dordrecht

The daunting Oude Maas


Terry , Colleen and Lucy in Dordrecht
Wednesday 6th June. |Was told by the Jachthaven Commander that if I want to stay another night I will have to move the boat. When he explained to me where the berth was I thought FXXXX I will never get into that. But we managed it OK with only a minor scratch. The weather is crap today so we will explore Dordtrecht.

1 comment:

  1. At Last, out into the Oude Maas. It is pretty hair raising but amazing how it soon becomes normal. We really loved Dordrecht too, especially the old barges tied to the town quay.
    Drop us a line by email, we are missing you and the life in Holland. I have the Flight Centre on speed dial on my phone with me 24 hours a day and my thumb hovers over it most of the time.
    Have one for us.
    PaulAnna

    ReplyDelete